We first went to air in 1989. Our full-time license was issued in April 2001. We broadcast 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our aims –
1. Support the development of and the ongoing provision of Community Broadcasting services within Campbelltown, Camden & Wollondilly.
2. Support the principle of local autonomy in the provision and control of community broadcasting services.
3. Promote the principles of independence in programming, diversity of programming, access to broadcasting facilities, diversity of opinion and views which enable the fullest expression of the aspirations and culture of the Australian people and the Macarthur region in particular.
4. Provide a range of services to members and the community we serve, including information, technical, programming and training services.
We are here –
1. To provide a local and vocal voice for the Macarthur Region.
2. To promote the Macarthur Region through the broadcasting of information, news, community services and activities, entertainment and all aspects of community life.
3. To allow for the diversity of the region to be communicated through open access to the community of their own broadcasting facilities.
4. To bring the community together through the promotion of services and facilities within the community that represent the aspirations and endeavors of the region and its people.
5. To provide a mix of entertainment, information, news and training opportunities that reflects our community’s needs and interests.
Official website of 2MCR is www.2mcr.org.au